This factory was based in Denmark in Zealand. From 1856-1907 Knabstrup Lervarefabrik was a brick factory. In 1897 it was bought by Henrik Schou and in 1907 its new ceramics factory formed the basis for a new era in Knabstrups history.
In 1930, production was mostly utility ware. Aksel Sigvald Nielsen (Aksini) worked there until 1954, producing vases and also pottery plaques. After Frida Schou retired as Director in 1970, the factory bought a new gas kiln, Bjorn Wiinblad took over production and changed the name in 1977 to Knabstrup Ceramic Factory A / S. Production consisted of dinnerware, wall plaques, and dishes. The company closed in 1989.
More Information: www.knabstrup-specialisten.com