The faience factory of Saint-Clement, 12 kms from Lunéville, near Nancy in eastern France, was established in 1758 by Jacques Chambrette, who already owned another one in Lunéville. With this second factory he aimed at the higher end of the market with prestigious objects. The factory received the label of Royal Supplier for Marie-Antoinette's Trianon.
After Jacques' death in 1758, his son Gabriel became the new owner. Between 1759 and 1763 the factory was managed by Charles Loyal, Jacques Chambrette's son-in-law, Paul Louis Cyfflé and the architect Richard Mique, who owned half the factory in 1786.
The factory was owned by several shareholders. Among them was the Thomas family, who became the sole owners in 1863. In 1892, the factory was sold to Keller and Guérin, who already owned the earthenware factory of Lunéville. Under their management the company was considerably expanded in the last quarter of the 19th century. In 1907, the workshop where the ovens were was partly rebuilt by the company Masson from Lunéville.
In 1922 Edouard Fenal, who already owned the earthenware factory in Badonviller, became the new owner of the Saint-Clément and Lunéville factories. He established the "Atelier d'Art de Lunéville", where Lachenal, Bussière and Majorelle worked. The sculptors Charles Lemanceau and Geo Condé joined the ceramists Joseph and Pierre Mougin and they created Art Nouveau and Art Déco earthenware.
Nowadays Saint-Clément is the only earthenware factory that is still active. It is now part of the Sarreguemines group and employs 130 staff.