Based in Nièvre in Burgundy France, this pottery was opened by Jean-Marie Maure in 1920. The pottery produced traditional stoneware utility objects and tiles. In 1926 after refurbishment, he was joined by Alfred Lebret (Born 1871), an experienced porcelain maker who implemented new ranges and glazes, some of which were inspired by the production of another local company Denbac. Maure was not a regular presence at the factory, and allowed Lebret to run it. Most pieces were signed by Lebret with the signature of Maure being added when he visited the factory. Those signed only by Maure were perhaps to be offered as personal gifts. (cf M Poulet). The company was taken over in 1935 and closed when World War II began.