Born in Flers de l'Orne, Normandy, France in 1938, where he died in 2002, Philippe Jenvrin studied Art in Angers 1955-1960, where he met his future wife. He started work as an art teacher, leaving to begin his career as a ceramicist at the Poterie de St Pair and then starting his own company with his wife at home in Perriers sur Beauficel. Jenvrin made a lot of his pottery, but in order to satisfy demand he also used biscuit faience from the Niderviller factory. He produced studio items, private commissions and frescos (College Victor Hugo, Sourdeval La Barre). Later during the 80s the couple developed a hand-made jewellery production.
With grateful thanks to Frederique Janvrin.