The Villenauxe factory was situated to the east of Paris in the Champagne-Ardenne region. Using local clay the factory was the largest manufacturer of souvenir ceramics from the 1880's right up until the 1980's. From 1919 the company was run by the Tessier family, initially Felix and then his son Claude. The items shown date from the 1950's and 60's. They are signed Tess. They usually have the name of a tourist resort on them, despite originating from Villenauxe.