Traditional pottery opened by Sébastien Grandjean (1883-1957) who was born in Vallauris. The company was taken over by his son Eugène, born in Golfe-Juan in 1920. Eugène studied in Cannes and from 1940 was taught to be a potter by his father. At the time the factory produced utility ware. He took over the business after his father died and was responsible for introducing the range of Faux Bois items, which are collectable nowadays. The company closed in 1981 and the original pottery factory was bought by the local council in 1987.