Born in 1931 in Nuisement -sur- Coole in the Marne, Robert Perot studied at the Ecole des Beaux-Arts de Reims from 1946-49. His fellow students included Jean-Claude Malarmey and Dominique Baudart. He graduated in sculpture having worked in the stone restoration workshops of the cathedral, during his studies. In 1953 he moved to Vallauris and in 1954 opened L'Atelier du Vieux Moulin, located in an old olive oil mill. Perot exhibited with many of the major potters in Vallauris. In 1973 he moved to Villejuif where he opened a sculpture studio. He was closely involved with ADAC Paris (Association for the development of cultural activities of the city of Paris).