U Keramik

Founded in 1909 by Johann Überlacker, the company was taken over by the founders three sons in the 1950s. Its earlier success continued and Ü Keramik became one of the regions most important producers, employing over 350 staff, together with its sister company Siershahner with 200 employees.  The company's overseas investments caused it to close in 1990.

 

Production was wide-ranging and included various series of wall plates, the popular "Chimney" vase shapes and the red selenium glazes by Hommerich.