Founded in Schiavon, Vicenza in the mid 1950s, the company was initially known as LBP - named after its founders Mr Lini, Giovanni Bertoncello (1930-2011) and Mr Pizzato. At the height of their success during the 1970's the company employed some 30 staff.
Bertoncello was best known for its sculptural, geometric shapes, often made with rounded, recessed holes, items were moulded using white clay. Many items were glazed with a mottled brown and beige colour, known as Screziato. The company closed in 1999.
For more information on this factory, Alla Moda by Mark Hill has a chapter on the Bertoncello factory.