Born in Arzergrande, Padua Italy in1925, died in Tonadico, Pordenone 2004. He studied at the Nove School of Ceramic Art under Andrea Parini, moving to Bassano del Grappa, working as an apprentice in the Zortea ceramic studio, before becoming an art teacher at the Venice Academy. He married Linda Metta in the early 1950's. He began to exhibit his work and in 1954 opened his own studio Schiavon Ceramiche in Padua. The studio moved to Abano Terme in 1964 and in the 80's it was taken over by his son Luke Schiavon.